As we grow older, and hence wiser, we slowly realize that:
- Whether we wear a $300 or $30 watch – – – they both tell the same time.
- Whether we carry a $300 or $30 wallet/handbag – – – the amount of money inside is the same.
- Whether we drink a bottle of $300 or $30 or $3 wine – – – the hangover is the same.
- Whether the house we live in is 300 or 3,000 or 30,000 sq. ft. – – – the loneliness is the same.
- And we realize our true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.
- Whether we fly first or economy class, if the plane goes down – – – we go down with it.
- Whether we fly first or economy class, if the plane reaches its destination – – – everyone arrives at the same time.
- Therefore . . . we should realize that when we have mates, buddies and old friends, brothers and sisters, with whom we can chat, laugh, talk, sing, talk about north- south-east-west or heaven and earth — that is true happiness!